суббота, 30 апреля 2016 г.

Oil Pulling – How I Whiten My Teeth

Oil Pulling – How I Whiten My Teeth
Oil Pulling – How I Whiten My Teeth

How oil pulling has changed my beauty routine & the power of coconut oil.. a must pin! Whiter teeth the natural way along with so many other benefits from oil pulling like cavity & headache prevention, releasing toxins from the body, & more!

You know me, I rarely come on here and share my beauty & health tips, but when I do it’s because I love it & it works for me. I shared before how I cured my acne and problematic skin [here] & I can’t tell you how many emails, comments, & people I meet in public that tell me that it saved their skin too. Acne is no fun & being able to take care of it naturally is amazing. If you struggle with your skin for sure check that post out. Today I wanted to share something with you I have been doing for over a year now. I don’t do it everyday simply because I forget, but it really has benefited me in many ways. It’s call oil pulling & many of you may have heard of it before. It’s where you take a tablespoon of coconut oil & you swish it in your mouth [pulling between your teeth] for 20 minutes before spitting it out when you are done & it helps clean your mouth among other things. Strange right?


How oil pulling has changed my beauty routine & the power of coconut oil.. a must pin! Whiter teeth the natural way along with so many other benefits from oil pulling like cavity & headache prevention, releasing toxins from the body, & more!

How oil pulling has changed my beauty routine & the power of coconut oil.. a must pin! Whiter teeth the natural way along with so many other benefits from oil pulling like cavity & headache prevention, releasing toxins from the body, & more!

Coconut oil is antibacterial, antiviral, antimicrobial, & anti-fungal. These things are great for your oral health of course among other things, but today we are only talking about oil pulling. Coconut oil detoxifies your mouth & makes it a clean environment which effects your overall health because you are not swallowing bacteria & other things that are bad for your health. I am not a scientist or a doctor, but did a lot of research before I started doing this & I suggest you do to before you start. Just google oil pulling & you will find some great articles from people far smarter than me.


Some benefits of oil pulling:


-whitens teeth

-prevents cavities

-TMJ relief

-soothes throat dryness

-freshens breath

-alleviates headache

-strengthens teeth & gums

-increases energy

-draws out toxins

-heals skin issues

-aids hormonal changes

-heals cracked lips

-helps alleviate sinus congestion

-helps detox the body


I’ve even heard it can help cure hangovers. I mean, what doesn’t coconut oil do? If you have read my skincare post you also know I wash my face with coconut oil which I LOVE. Those anti- [….] properties really come into play again there. The goal in skincare & oral care? kill all the germs while healing & strengthening at the same time. That’s what coconut oil does.


How oil pulling has changed my beauty routine & the power of coconut oil.. a must pin! Whiter teeth the natural way along with so many other benefits from oil pulling like cavity & headache prevention, releasing toxins from the body, & more!

How oil pulling has changed my beauty routine & the power of coconut oil.. a must pin! Whiter teeth the natural way along with so many other benefits from oil pulling like cavity & headache prevention, releasing toxins from the body, & more!

So what’s my experience? I’m obsessed. I typically oil pull while getting ready & doing my hair, in the shower, & actually I oil pulled today while taking a few photos for the blog. They say to do it right away in the morning, but that doesn’t always work for me. I suggest doing it while you are doing a little task to help pass the time quicker. I use about a tablespoon of coconut oil I oil pull for as long as I can [20 minutes is suggested] & then I brush my teeth right after. My mouth feels so clean after & I can for sure tell a difference in how clean & fresh my mouth is. My teeth aren’t the whitest because of my love for cherry coke, coffee, & tea, but coconut oil for sure helps keep them whiter & I know I can attribute it to the oil pulling. My skin is better when I oil pull & I feel better. Sometimes I wonder if it’s correlated, but I do notice a difference when I do it more regularly. I can’t explain how it works, but my review is that I’m going to keep doing it! I typically get my coconut oil from Marshalls which I always find it there for a great price. & for those of you not caring what I’m talking about today & just want to know where everything in the photo is from.. it’s all marshals [you know that store is my jam] & the little tree guys are Ikea of course. The ONLY negative I have experienced from oil pulling? Sometimes the texture can get to me. I’m not always in the mood to oil pull because it does have a texture & a taste, but this rarely happens & is different for everyone, but worth sharing for sure.


How oil pulling has changed my beauty routine & the power of coconut oil.. a must pin! Whiter teeth the natural way along with so many other benefits from oil pulling like cavity & headache prevention, releasing toxins from the body, & more!

IMG_4755

Not the whitest teeth in America, but much whiter than they would be without the coconut oil because of my coffee & tea addiction. You can also mix in essential oils in with your coconut oil before you oil pull. I’ve never done this, but I’ve heard it’s great & it’s worth a try if you have some essential oils laying around! Today’s post was so different than my usual, but I’ve been meaning to share this little ritual of mine for a while. I just like it so much that I couldn’t keep it a secret. Do you oil pull? What is your experience with it? I would love to hear from you!! Let me know in the comments below, find me on Facebook, & chat with me on Instagram. As always, thank you so much for stopping by my little blog & sharing it with your friends it means so much. xx


PicMonkey-Collage24

Read my entire skincare post [here].


Original article and pictures take http://www.lizmarieblog.com/2015/10/oil-pulling-whiten-teeth/ site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий