пятница, 22 января 2016 г.

How to install fonts - Classy Clutter

How to install fonts - Classy Clutter
How to install fonts - Classy Clutter

installing-fonts.png

Learn how to install fonts on your computer in minutes using today’s tutorial! I have shown you my favorite free fonts last week and now you need to know how to install them, right?! Well, lucky you because I’ve put together a super easy to follow tutorial on how to download fonts and how to install fonts on your computer. You’ll be able to use your new free fonts within minutes! Booyah!


installing fonts.png

First, you’ll want to decide which font to download first… because this can get super addicting and you’ll have 90 million fonts on your computer in no time. Go to pinterest or your favorite free fonts website and pick one to start with. I like to use dafont.com. They’re free fonts and they’re awesome. No brainer.


How to download and install fonts on your computer


1. Go to site and find the free font you want to use first.


I’m going to choose the “traveling typewriter” free font to show you today. I love that font by the way.


howtoinstallfonts_1.jpg

2. Download font. Click download and save the font to your desktop or another folder you choose to store your fonts temporarily. My files download automatically to my “Downloads” folder so I let them chill there until I’m ready for them.


Screen shot 2013-04-16 at 10.07.02 AM

Usually, the download will include one or both common font file formats. (.otf and .ttf) Both file formats are compatible with both PC and Mac systems so it doesn’t really matter which one you save.


3. Next, open your Font Book application and open the folder where you just downloaded/saved your new free font. It will be in your Applications folder and the icon looks like this..


how to intall fonts_2.jpg

4. Locate your font and drag it to “All Fonts” in your Font Book application. You can go in and organize your fonts by font type in your Font Book as well but its not really necessary in my opinion.


how to install fonts_3.jpg

5. Your font should appear in the “Fonts” column in Font Book.


Screen shot 2013-04-16 at 10.09.01 AM

6. Finally, go to the program you wish to use your new font in and it should be in the font drop down menu! If you already had the program open when you installed your font, you may need to restart the program for your font to appear.


how to install fonts_4.jpg

Tada!!! If you are not a free font addict like I am, you will be soon! I’m not a techy smarty pants or anything but if you need help, leave a comment and I’ll do my best to help ya!


If you liked this, check out my “Fonts” pinterest board!


how to install fonts_5
and don’t forget to download last weeks 15 Fabulously Free Fonts!

15 Fab FREE fonts

Now go download some fun fonts! But don’t come cryin’ to me when you’re addicted! *wink*


Original article and pictures take http://www.classyclutter.net/2013/04/how-to-install-fonts.html site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий